Friday, June 22, 2012

Welcome to Watertown

Though Watertown New York is a small and kind of out there sort of place there are still events and activities to be found. Thanks to the 10th Mountain Division more and more events seems to come.As you can tell from the map Watertown is very much "UPSTATE" New York. It is 30 minutes from the boarder of The United States and Canada. And since it is upstate it can get very cold at times here. If you love the snow then this is a great place for you! Our last winter 2011-2012 was one of the mildest winters Watertown, New York has seen in a long time at about 50 inches for the Winter season. We still had to get our snowblower out a few times, since when it would snow it would be in bursts or chunks.I am sure it will go back to its normal winters though. Summers are usually in the 80's maybe 90's but this year we have it more higher days. Again not the norm for Watertown. It seems funny that as soon as we move here the norm doesn't happen. LOL

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog while searching for information about the Drum area. It's on our list of considerations. I read all of your blog entries and hope you'll keep writing! Thanks for the info! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that you found it useful! I will continue to update in between taking care of my family and supporting my solder/hubby. Don't worry though in time I will get lots more up! Thanks for you comment!

      Delete